A couple of weeks ago I was reading Scourge of the Heretic by Sandy Mitchell and I decided I had to create an Inquisitor and his band of agents for my Imperial army. I happened to have picked up the new Grey Knights Codex a while ago and I figured I would see what options were available. After reading the very short list of options which I have to say is a major injustice to one of the most powerful organization in the Imperium. Yes the Space Marines are flashy and cool in their armor, the Imperial Guard is a never ending wave of humanity fighting across the galaxy and the ecclesiarchy preaching the word of the Emperor. The Inquisition has more power than any of those organizations. It is charged with keeping the Imperium safe from aliens, the Ruinous Powers most important of all they have to protect the Imperium from itself. So how could I not create an Inquisitor to inhabit the Amestris System.
Inquisitor Ezekyal Cathis
Ordo Hereticus – 25 Points
- Carapace Armor
- Frag Grenades
- Krak Grenades
- Psyk-out Grenades
- Psyocculum – 25 Points
- Server-skull (1) – 3 Points
- Plasma Pistol – 10 Points
- Force Sword
- Psyker (Master Level 1) – 30 Points
Total Points: 93 Points
- Empire Free Company Militia Torso
- Cadian Legs
- Cadian Grenade Arm (Right Arm)
- Cadian Sgt Chainsword Arm (Left Arm)
- High Elf Archer Sword Arm (Left Arm)
- High Elf Archer Cape
- Space Marine Plasma Pistol (Right Hand )
- Space Marine Command Servo-skull
- Space Marine Purity Seals (2)
- Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard Head
- Cadian Grenades
- Goggles – Victoria Miniatures
I picked up most of these parts from eBay at Black Dagger Games’ (Window-Box) eBay store. The only part that is not a Games Workshop are the goggles from Victoria Miniatures. Links to the sites for Black Dagger Games and Victoria Miniatures are in my list of links.
I unfortunately forgot to take pictures of the assembly process, but I will quickly go through how I assembled Inquisitor Cathis and what problems I ran into.
1. I started with the Cadian walking legs simply because I wanted Inquisitor Cathis to be in motion. Inquisitors are dynamic personalities so I wanted him in motion.
2. I selected the empire free company militia torso because I like the flaring half jacket. There are some other interesting torsos in that set with quilted, studded leather and shirt armor torso which are also options, but I liked the chains and flaring half jacket torso the best for an Inquisitor.
3. The legs and the torso fit fairly well together but you do need to trim things up a bit to make sure the torso fits flat. I had to use a little green stuff along the belt line on the back to make things nice and clean.
4. The right arm I took the grenade arm and cut off the hand at the wrist below the sleeve line and then attached the space marine plasma pistol hand. I pin my wrist joints just to make sure it stays in place while gluing.
5. The left arm I took the sergeant chain sword left arm and again chopped it off at the wrist below the sleeve line. I did the same thing for the left high elf archer armor arm. I then attached the high elf archer sword hand to the sergeant chainsword left arm. Again I pinned this joint.
6. Next I attached the arms to the torso.
7. Next I took the Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard head and trimmed off the neck. Space marine heads have a very large neck so you need to get rid of that.
8. Next I took the head and glued it to the torso so that the back of the neck sits well on the back collar line and then lifted the head up so that the chin was up off the his chest and he is looking up.
9. After the glue drys I went in with some green stuff to create the front of his neck.
10. I then put on the high elf archer cape, purity seals, grenades and servo-skull. I used some green stuff to fill in the IV on the servo-skull’s forehead since the Inquisitor is not an Ultramarine.
11. Putting on the goggles was a test of patience to get this on right. The method I found that works the best is get a rough fit around the head and then trim up the ends. Then you want to glue the goggles (but not the straps) in place. Then I finished wrapping the straps around his head and trimmed them nice and clean so they meet end to end.
I will be posting the rest of his retinue as I complete them.
Thanks for stopping by,